сряда, 7 юли 2010 г.

To reveal a secret

..silence

I was wondering whether I should share a piece of myself by writing a short story, whose plot would be one of my latest dreams. I felt excited and fascinated when I woke up, maybe a little puzzled by its meaning later, nonetheless, I thought you wouldn't be interested in reading such a thing, and chose not write it.
They say dreams are succession of thoughts, emotions and impressions, whom we're left with during the day, experienced through dreams.
I have experienced it, not you; I've dreamed it, felt it; you can't, it'll mean nothing to you, but words and sentences put in the right order, so that they can make sense. They won't bear the same meaning as they will for me, because when I'm writing the story I'll be recalling the dream, which is filled with feelings. Feelings you never felt. And now that I think about it, those 'pure emotions' are the main reason the dream impressed me that much.
And what kind of story will be one that contains nothing, but empty words and a poor, confusing plot? A bad one. A story whose characters will be strangers to you and their destiny won't be of matter. Because I'm not good at writing and I won't be able to make you less indifferent to them and, maybe, feel attached to them in one way or another. Because a good writer is the one who can make their readers pray, cry, laugh, fear; or in other words: relive 'the fate' of the characters.
So I'll just leave you with some quotes I like and I hope you will too, when you read them.

"The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." [Stephen King; "Different Seasons"; "The body"]

"Even if I'd known the right thing to say, I probably couldn't have said it. Speech destroys the functions of love, I think... If you speak to tell a deer you mean it no harm, it glides away with a single flip of its tail. The word is the harm. Love has teeth; they bite; the wounds never close. No word, no combination of words, can close those lovebites. It's the other way around, that's the joke. If those wounds dry up, the words die with them." [Stephen King; "Different Seasons"; "The body"]

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар