вторник, 22 юни 2010 г.

Society

Society. One will always feel smothered by the pressure that our society does. Pressure how? The "unwritten laws" are the main reason people can't be themselves in public and around others, they don't know well. Imagine if everything was acceptable and people did whatever they want. Not a brilliant idea, because I might have an urge to take my clothes off and shout in the middle of the town square. Not a nice view. [Even though I'm sure there IS a law, which doesn't let me do that, and thanks God.]
These unwritten laws affect the way we act at some point. Do we like what we like; or what we are told to? When you see a stranger, dressed in unusual clothes, do you ever stare at them or pass a glance? What is unacceptable? It really depends on the people around you. We hang out with people with similar interests, ideas, etc. to ours; or simply - people, with whom we have something in common. The problem is we can never find someone exactly like us, and that's why we can't indulge ourselves with acting the way we want to. Because we want to be a part of some group. For example, having fun for me, might seem to you like a boorish behaviour. (e.g. you don't like running around naked, I still don't know why.)
How to be a part of any group of people? Just look for people who are, more or less, like you and who don't mind the differences between people. (Even though one will always try to make the other more like them.)
Here comes society. You, and maybe your group, can feel comfortable or not with being a part of it. Each country has different morals and principles, thus you can either fit or not.
What happens when you don't fit? You have two choices: a) Care; b) Do not care. If you care, you try your best to adopt others' behaviour and then you feel bad. If you don't - good for you.
And what if we live in a sick society, with twisted ideals and superficial ideology? We kill the jews. (Joking, of course.) It was a rhetorical question, because I haven't found an answer yet. Who do we blame for all of this? The media, the politicians, the economy?
I don't have the right to judge anyone, I'm just questioning myself. [Oh, I'm so cliche.]
I hope to find my answer, sooner or later.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар