петък, 18 юни 2010 г.

The Story of a drawing.

I like drawing. I don't do it that often, more likely, from time to time. And I admit I'm not really good at it [not that good at all].

In my opinion, the most interesting part of a drawing is its idea and meaning, if it has any.

Understanding any piece of art is the same as understanding the person whom it belongs to. Or, at least, a part of them, which they expressed throught their picture/song, poem, etc.

So, today I was drawing a flower. "Let's draw a flower!". But it looked to me like a nose, so I changed it to a human face. Then "Why don't I make her with her eyes closed?". Well, she looked unhappy "Oh, my, she's crying!" *drawing a tear, then some random circles*. "Oh, these circles look like bubbles! So she's in a lake or something.".. Then suddenly I realized: "O My God! She's crying, because she's drowning!". I felt the urge to draw a hand, so I did. And, last, but not least, i drew a heart-shaped necklace (it belongs to the drowning girl. I erased it afterwards, but never mind). And I finally got it: Girl A (the drowning girl) and girl B, which hand i just drew, were fighting over a boy, because girl A slept with girl B's boyfriend, and girl B wanted girl A to drown. (Still not confused?) Art is so complicated. :(

My point is that the story behind the artwork is the most interesting thing. The plot. The idea. Why did he/she did so and so? Maybe it means something, it's not just random combination of colours, words or notes or whatever. Or maybe it is, but there is always more than one possibility.

Just my thoughts. (:



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар